Sunday, September 14, 2008

alice christie assignment

Dr.christie's site had many interesting tabs and links.I decided to explore the Geopa project tab.I was very surprised at what I learned.The Geopa project is a project about gaining interest in public art in Phoenix through kid friendly technology.The project hopes to advance art and culture to help various aspects of the community.The project wants to expand the artistic experiences of children.The site has art works to explore,lesson plans,and links to places of public art.The mos interesting part though is the GPs technology using geocaching.I have never heard of this.The technology using satellites to involve students in interactive games.Teachers can use these games to help teach lessons of various subjects.The games involve finding caches which include log book,trinkets.The students use GPS technology to find these caches.The caches can be hidden by their teachers can be related to whatever is being studied.Some examples from the lesson included the subjects of language arts,visual arts,geography.The students use technology and active learning and cooperation with each other in this games.As a teacher this could present a whole new learning environment for my students.The possibilities are endless.This is something I would be really interested in learning more about and using in my classroom.I think using learning and technology outside of the classroom could be very beneficial to students.

No comments:

a bit about me.....